I know I usually write you on my blog, but I haven’t had a chance to be on there recently so Mom said she would make sure this gets to you. I asked her for a Facebook page of my own like my friend Modi. I think I’m old enough. Frappy and Callie are hanging out letting me do all the hard work with this letter, but honestly I am fairly sure they are back on the ‘Naughty List’ so better not to get their input. 2013 was great on so many levels, I made some new friends, I traveled down to Georgia and I helped mom have the best year yet at Follow Me Dog Training LLC. I just saw Grandma put a couple cans of tennis balls in a holiday bag with my name on it so I think I am pretty set. So in the tradition of letters past I have a few Christmas wishes that I hope you can take a look at.
- We wish that all our men, women and Military War Dogs that are supporting the USA on foreign soil be safe and courageous this holiday season and until they can come home.
- We wish forever homes to all those animals all over the world that need one! It can be hard to find a place to live and Callie keeps telling us how thankful she is that she found hers last year and Frappy is nodding in agreement!
- We wish for the ending of breed specific legislation, spay/neuter laws, and dangerous dog laws that are poorly written and are not helping.
- We wish all the new puppies that find their homes over the holidays will explain to their owners the importance of training and exercise. And can you leave a note with any new puppies you leave in the Richmond Virginia area that mom’s Puppy Steps Program has a class starting on 9 January. If you give the gift of a puppy, give the gift of training along with it!
- We wish that people would keep in mind that if it is too cold outside for a human…it is too cold outside for us. Some dogs don’t even want to chase squirrels when it is cold out.
- We wish more people supported local adoption resources, local human societies and shelters because THEY give back to the animals in their care. Oh and if they replace any old bedding, blankets or toys, consider giving them to the shelters! Mom dropped off some blankets at a local place just recently and I was really proud of her.
- We wish that the house will smell like bacon when we wake up Christmas morning and that mom and Grandma will share their yogurt cups with us for a special holiday treat.
Frappy keeps telling me to put in something about the eradication of all squirrels, I tell her that won’t get her on the ‘Nice List’ any time but she is quite insistent. I’m going to sit them both down and explain to them again that you will be coming down the chimney tonight. We left the beers and Martini for you, the biscuits are for the reindeer. Remember my stocking is the one with the beer steins on it! Have a safe trip around the world! Merry Christmas!
Love your favorite Malinois and those other two….
Leinie, Frappy and Callie